The GO programming language is among the most prolific open source & rare languages designed to take advantage of current age multi-core, distributed/cloud computing & network centric world. It is cocreated by the same distinguished people who created C programming language & Unix which are among the greatest contributions to computer science, keeping in mind next generation requirements.
GO programs combine the flexibility of dynamically typed language with the safety & efficiency of statically typed and compiled language. Working with GO is fast & it produces executables which can run on all key platforms including Windows, Linux/Unix (many flavours), Mac OS X.. GO has “batteries included” – providing a whole set of useful libraries & tools one may need. Learning GO is definitely among the best investments one can make.
This hands-on program from Cralina is designed to give a through introduction to working with GO.
- Software Engineers, Developers/Designers, Architects, Managers
- Anyone who wants to learn designing/programming in GO language
- Familiarly with programming and operating systems
- Solid understanding of GO language concepts
- Good primer on how to write enterprise grade code using GO language
Instructor lead and hands on with suitable examples/production code. The program has solid emphasis on hands-on coding. Lots of code we write in this program may be used as boilerplate code for enterprise projects.
Introduction to GO
- Why learn GO
- More than “Hello World”
- Standard Library
- Naming, declaration, variables, scoping etc.
GO Packages and tools
- Basic Data Types
- Composite Data Types
- Declaration, Anonymous, Variadic, Deferred calls, Panic & Recovery
- Understanding Error Handling, recommended ways to handle errors in GO
- Working with methods,
- Composing types
Working with Data
- Handling JSON
- Polymorphism and more
- Parallelism, Race Conditions, Mutex, Channels Preview
Routines and Channels
- Introduction, Understanding Channels and Gorountines
- Overview, handling OS level dependencies
- Using GO tools to benchmark & test programs
Best practices will be covered with every topic.
Duration: 2.5 days (20 hours)
Click here to download this as a PDF doc